Wednesday, February 1, 2012

His Name is Gerson




The following was taken from savegerson.com
Hello, my name is Gerson Armando Morales.
An abusive husband led my mother to search for a better future in this great country. She left me in El Salvador with the hopes that someday we would be reunited. Unfortunately, under my mother’s Temporary Protected Status (TPS), she was not allowed to bring me here.
However, the aging of my grandparents, gang violence, and natural disasters in El Salvador gave my mother no other choice but to bring me here at a young age. I had to face the same adversity of immigrating here the way others do. When I arrived at the age of 12, I found the rest of my family waiting for me, including a new brother and sister.  Ever since, this country has become my home.Right after arriving, I was enrolled into an English-only school and quickly assimilated. It was not until high school when I realized the severity of my situation.  Regardless of my status, I continued with school and went on to college; I wanted to be an engineer. But this is not a “happily ever after” story.
One morning as I drove to school, I was stopped for a minor traffic violation. I was arrested for not carrying a driver’s license and turned over to an immigration detention center where I remained for a month.  Now I am in danger of being deported and worse, being separated from my family.
If I do not do anything I risk being sent to a place I don't consider my home anymore.  All I ask is one minute of your time. Will you please sign this petition asking ICE to grant me prosecutorial discretion?
Doing so can make the difference whether I stay in this country or not. 
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE go to savegerson.com and sign the petition to embarrass the Obama administration into doing the right thing.  Without public support Gerson will become one more statistic in the Obama administration's 400,000 deportations per year machine.

Don't let it happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment