Matthew L. Kolken, Esq. is a trial lawyer with experience in all aspects of United States Immigration Law – including deportation defense before Immigration Courts throughout the United States, and appellate practice before the Board of Immigration Appeals, the U.S. District Courts, and U.S. Courts of Appeals. He is admitted to practice in the courts of the State of New York , the United States District Court for the Western District of New York, the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, and is a member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA).
Mr. Kolken has appeared on CNN American Morning, has spoken at AILA's annual conference on the issue of grounds of removability, is the author of the Deportation and Removal Blog on ILW.com, is a member of the advisory board of the Immigration Daily, an online immigration news periodical with more than 35,000 readers, and he is listed as one of the most influential people on Twitter in the area of Immigration Law.
Matthew L. Kolken, Esq. in the news:
- Undocumented immigrant tries to navigate uncertain future, Salt Lake City Tribune
- Americans Married to Immigrants Push for Reform, Huffington Post
- Motion seeks dismissal of UC student's deportation case, Cincinnati.com
- Proceedings in Liberian's Deportation Trial Closed, The Daily Record
- UC Honor Student Faces Deportation, NBC News
- Immigration Courts Face Backlogs, The Daily Record
- Former U.S. Ambassadors testify at trial for alleged Liberian Warlord, Democrat and Chronicle
- Somali arrested in Montreal no-fly case released, National Post
- George Boley Sr. deportation trial set to start, Democrat & Chronicle
- Could Missing Soldier's Wife Be deported?, ABC News
- Missing Soldier's Wife Faces Deportation, CBS News
- Missing Soldier's Wife Won't be Deported, Fox News
- Green Card for Missing Soldier's Wife, USA Today