He analyzes the following key factors that will directly impact potential immigration lawmaking in the immediate future:
- Congressional Hispanic Caucus losses in the House.
- Election of immigration restrictionist-oriented Hispanic Republicans.
- Dramatic increase in the number of immigration restrictionists in the House.
- Loss of key pro-immigrant Democrats in the House.
- More difficult path to a bipartisan filibuster-proof immigration majority in the Senate.
- Uncertainty about the makeup of the House Democratic Leadership.
- Likely aggressive anti-immigrant agenda coming out of the House.
Click here to read Mr. Hill's entire analysis.