This chart was prepared by TRAC and illustrates the exponential growth of the backlog of pending deportations since Obama took office.
- The number of pending deportation cases involving criminal aliens is down from what was seen at the end of fiscal year 2010.
- 90% of pending deportation cases only involve individuals charged with mere immigration violations (i.e., overstaying a visa).
- Pending cases only involving immigration violations has increased from 236,415 at the end of FY 2010 to 259,038 at the end of July 2011.
- It is now taking an average of 497 days to complete deportation proceedings for individuals charged with mere immigration violations.
- It is now taking 410 days to resolve pending deportation cases for individuals charged with criminal grounds of removal.